The following article has been posted due to its interesting content that sheds light on the true origins and history of some festivals and celebrations. We are not in any way endorsing this site nor everything in this one article (read the important clarifications after it) but the article from a non-Muslim Christian perspective demonstrates the need to research into the origins and roots of common festivals and celebrations and to query the validity of such practices and observances by asking for evidences and proofs. One should not simply follow the masses and the whispers of Shaytaan (Satan) – the chief deceiver – just because “the majority of people do it” or because it’s “just harmless” and the likes of such lame excuses. Some people (whether non-Muslim or Muslim) may find it hard to gave up such (Pagan-rooted) practices due to their upbringing, liberal outlook in life, following desires and such practices becoming a habit that are hard to give up.
Every year (rather every day), one is closer to death (and what follows after that of Reckoning and Recompense on the Day of Judgement). Is this really something to be celebrated?
“Draws near for mankind their reckoning, while they turn away in Heedlessness” [Quran, 21:1]
Link to article:
IMPORTANT CLARIFICATIONS FROM AN ISLAMIC PERSPECTIVE
1) Concerning the Bible, Torah, Psalms, Qur’aan, Prophet Muhammad (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam), ‘Eesa (‘alayhis-salaatu was-salaam), Islam, Judaism and Christianity then the following excerpt of a Fatwa (no. 19402) from The Council of Senior Scholars of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (dated the 25th of Muharram 1418H), the president of whom at the time was Shaykh ‘Abdul-‘Azeez bin Baaz, should clarify matters (especially as it contains clear evidences and proofs from the Qur’aan and Sunnah), in shaa Allaah:
“Secondly: From the fundamental beliefs of Islaam is that the Book of Allaah the Exalted – the Glorious Qur’aan – is the final Scripture and Covenant revealed by the Lord of the Universe. It abrogates all the previous Scriptures, such as the Torah, the Psalms, the Bible and others, and it is a judge and guardian over them. No other Divinely-Revealed Book or Scripture remains [intact] by which Allaah can be worshipped, except the Noble Qur’aan. Hence, Allaah the Exalted said:
“And We have sent down to you the Qur’aan in truth, which confirms the Books that were before it and stands as a guardian-judge (ar. muhaymin) over them. So judge between them by what Allaah has sent down and do not follow their vain desires.” [Soorah al-Maa’idah 5:48]
Thirdly: It is obligatory to believe that the Torah and the Bible were abrogated by the Noble Qur’aan and were changed and tampered with by additions and deletions to them, as has been explained in the verses from the Noble Book of Allaah, such as the statement of Allaah the Exalted: “So because they broke their covenant We cursed them and hardened their hearts. They distort words from their [correct] places and have forgotten portions of that which they were reminded of. And you will continue to observe deceit from them, except from a few of them.” [Soorah al-Maa’idah 5:13]
Allaah the Mighty and Majestic said: “So woe to those who write the Book with their own hands and then say:’This is from Allaah,’ in order to sell it for a miserable price. So woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for their earnings.” [Soorah al-Baqarah 2:79]
And Allaah the Most Perfect said: “Indeed, amongst them is a party that distort the Book with their tongues as they read it, so that you may think that it is part of the Book whereas it is not from the Book. And they say: ‘This is from Allaah,’ but it is not from Allaah; and they forge a lie against Allaah knowingly.” [Soorah Aal -‘Imraan 3:78]
This is why whatever is correct from it, has been abrogated by Islaam, whereas whatever is not, has either been distorted or altered. Indeed it has been confirmed that the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam became angry when he once saw ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab, may Allaah be pleased with him, with a sheet containing some passages from the Torah. The Prophet ‘alayhis-salaatu was-salaam said: “Are you in any doubt O Ibn al-Khattaab? Have I not brought it [the Message] pure and white? Even if my brother Moses were alive, he would have no recourse except to follow me” [Reported by Ahmad (3/387) and others, and it is hasan. Consult: Takhreejul-Mishkaat (no.177) of al-Albaanee]
Fourthly: From the fundamental beliefs of Islaam is that our Prophet and Messenger, Muhammad sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, is the last of the Prophets and Messengers, as Allaah the Exalted stated: “Muhammad sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam is not the father of any man amongst you, but he is the Messenger of Allaah and the last of the Prophets.” [Soorah al-Ahzaab 33:40] As such, no Messenger remains, whom it is obligatory to follow, except Muhammad sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam. If any of Allaah’s Prophets were living today, they too – along with their followers – would have no recourse except to follow him, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam; as Allaah said: “And remember when Allaah took the Covenant from the Prophets, saying: Take whatever I have given you from the Book and the Wisdom, and then when there comes to you a Messenger (Muhammad) confirming what is with you, you must then believe in him and aid him. Allaah said: Do you agree to uphold My Covenant? They replied: We agree. Allaah said: Then bear witness; and I am with you amongst the witnesses.” [Soorah Aal-‘Imraan 3:81]
When the Prophet of Allaah, Jesus – ‘alayhis-salaatu was-salaam – comes down in the final period, he will be a follower of Muhammad sallallaahu ‘alalyhi wa sallam, judging according to his sharee’ah. Allaah said: “Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find mentioned in the Torah and the Gospel.” [Soorahal-A’raaf 7:157]
Futhermore, from the fundamental belief of Islaam is that Muhammad sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam was sent to the whole of mankind, as Allaah the Exalted said: “And We have not sent you, except to the whole of mankind, as a bringer of good news and as a warner. But most of mankind do not know.” [Soorah Sabaa’ 34:28]
And Allaah, the One free from all imperfections, said: “Say: O mankind! Indeed I am the messenger of Allaah, sent to you all.” [Soorah al-A’raaf 7:158]”
2) Jesus (alaihis-salaam) is not God. Muslims believe Jesus (alaihis-salaam) was a Prophet of God, one who called to Monotheism, to worship God alone and shun idolatry and worship of others besides God in whatever form. This was the way and call of all the Prophets and Messengers that preceded him, whether is was Noah, Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, David, Solomon, Zachariah or Yahya (peace be upon them all).
And verily, We have sent among every Ummah (community, nation) a Messenger (proclaiming): ‘Worship Allah (Alone), and avoid (or keep away from) Taghut (all false deities).’ Then of them were some whom Allah guided and of them were some upon whom the straying was justified. So travel through the land and see what was the end of those who denied (the truth).” [16:36]
3) The article mentions a “jealous God”. Describing God with such unbefitting concepts and erroneous beliefs is something to be found in Christian belief and theology. However, according to the orthodox Islamic aqidah (creed, beliefs), God (Allah) is not to be described in such terms. Allah has the most beautiful Names and Attributes (known as Al-Asma was-Sifaat) which are lofty and not deficient in any way at all. Examples include; Al-Ahad (The Uniquely One), Al-A’laa (The Most High), Al-Akram (The Most Generous), Al-Baseer (The All-Seeing), As-Samee’ (The All-Hearing) and Al-Qadeer (The All-Powerful).
4) For more reading relating to the Muslim perspective and belief regarding Jesus (alaihis-salaam), please obtain a copy of the following books:
5) The following leaflets also contain eye-opening information:
Jesus the Messiah in Islam, in Christianity and in reality: 10 points every Christian really must know:
A Message To Christians To Worship One God: Why Are So Many Christians Turning To Islam?
Also this article which provides further evidences of the Pagan roots of Christmas:
6) There is also this website which might prove valuable and beneficial to the inquisitive open-minded person, searching for the truth: