A Warning Against the Spread of the Deen of the Rawafidh (Shia)
Algeria and Other Muslim Lands
The Eminent Shaykh, the Muhaddith,
Rabee bin Haadee Umair al-Madkhalee
Abbas Abu Yahya
All praise belongs to Allaah, may Salaat and Salaam be upon the Messenger of Allaah, his Companions and all those who follow his way.
Indeed that which brings great sadness is that the destructive math-hab of the Rawafidh has been given scope and many opportunities to spread in the region of the Arab Muslim lands. It has actually become intensely widespread and those behind its propagation are the Rulers of the Iranian Persian lands, Ayaat of Iran and the Mullahs who are the enemies of Islaam, of The Truth, of Tawheed and its people. They exert themselves with everything that is precious and of value in disseminating this math-hab which is accompanied with harsh zeal and a frightening plot to seize all the Muslim lands.
They do this with their destructive math-hab which is established on:
- Making Takfeer (declaring to be non-Muslims) of the Companions of Muhammad -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam.
- Rejecting the Sunnah of Muhammad -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- because it has come via the truthful and faithful Companions of Muhammad -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam.
- Distorting the Qur’aan and applying texts regarding the Kuffaar and Munaafiqoon (hypocrites) to the Companions of Muhammad -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam.
- Further applying texts, which mention the threat of the Hellfire to the Companions of Muhammad -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam, especially to Abu Bakr and Umar -Radi Allaahu anhuma.
- Applying the Ayaat (verses) of praise and the promise of Allaah exclusively to themselves and the Family of the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam. However, Allaah has freed the family of the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- from the extremist math-hab of the Rawafidh and their principles of disbelief which are founded upon this disbelief.
From their deviance is that they apply the Ayaat (verses) of the Tawheed of Allaah which indicate worshipping Him alone – such as the saying of Allaah:
And Allaah has said: Do not take for yourselves two deities. He is but one God [an-Nahl: 51] – to their Imaams!
How much have they distorted the texts of the Qur’aan? Whoever wishes to know the reality of their religion should read their fundamental sources such as ‘al-Kafi’ by Kullayni, Tafseer al-Qummi and Tafseer al-‘Ayaashi, which has even exceeded the Jews and the Christians in terms of distortion!
From what fills the heart with grief is that this deviant, destructive mathhab has begun to be disseminated in Algeria. Indeed we have read and heard that a large number of these people have embraced the ‘Aqeedah of Rafdh (Shia). A number of them study in the Rafidhi city called Qum, though there has been opposition to this from the government and from some of the scholars, however it has been weak. Where is the required concern from them for Islaam and Tawheed ?!
And where is the concern for the Qur’aan and the Sunnah? Where is the concern for the Companions of Muhammad -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam?!
O you Algerians – government and the people – indeed your remaining silent on the spread of this movement and its math-hab will – and I swear by Allaah – have disastrous results in relation to your Deen, your worldly matters, your politics and your Hereafter when you meet your Lord because you remained silent about the greatest of evils and the greatest of dangers upon your Deen and your worldly matters.
I ask Allaah to awaken the senses of the Muslims and their intellects in order to face this destructive danger. An imperative aspect of what they are facing is keeping away from their websites, which promote and spread evil and major deviancy.
A clarification of some of the Principles of the Rafidhah (Shia)
1. From their principles is making Takfeer of the Companions and to attack them. This is a type of destruction of Islaam, which has never been known except to cause destruction. This is why they try to convey this Takfeer in the best way they can.
2. From their principles is that Imamate is from the fundamentals of the Deen, which is extremism from them. The fundamentals of the Deen were explained by the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- and Imaamate is not from them.
3. According to them, knowing the twelve Imaams is from the fundamentals of the Deen and whoever is ignorant of the twelve Imaams is regarded by them to be a Kaafir (disbeliever).
4. The Imaams are, in their view, infallible (protected from sinning) and are protected from any neglect or forgetfulness. They favour them over the Prophets and Messengers –alayhim as-Salaam.
5. They believe that their Imaams know the Unseen and that they manage and control every single atom within the universe. This is from the greatest acts of disbelief as they have made their Imaams associates with Allaah regarding the knowledge of the Unseen and the control of the universe.
6. They falsely claim that the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- recommended that Ali -Radi Allaahu anhu- be the Khaleefah. They claim that the Companions illegally and forcefully took the Khilafah from him. This claim is the greatest of lies and it is the foundation of their misguidance and their tyranny against the Companions, their Takfeer of them and their cursing them.
7. From their superstitions and stories is that they have a Mahdi from the Prophet’s -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- family whom they await and that he has been in a cave for more than 1200 years who they claim is the 12th Imaam. This Imaam does not exist, this Mahdi has not even been created. The Mahdi that
the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- mentioned is true, however, he is not the one that the Rawafidh (Shia) claim is the Mahdi. From their stories is that Musa bin Jafar (d.183AH)- who the Rawafidh claim is one of their Imaams – said to a person during his time: ‘If you live then you will meet him.’ Since then, 1249 years have passed and they still have not met him. This is proof that this was a slander and a lie against Musa.
8. From their fundamental principles is having Eemaan (faith) that a person is brought back to life after having died and that, according to their Deen whoever does not believe this is a Kaafir. Al-Aloosi said in ‘Mukhtasir at-Tuhfa al-Ithna Ashareeyah’ (pp200-201):
‘The Math-hab of Ahlus-Sunnah is that the dead do not return to the worldly life before the Day of Judgement. All of the Imaamiyyah (Shia) sect and some of the other sects of the Rawafidh (Shia) say that some of the dead will return.
They claim that the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- and the one that he bequeathed (meaning: Ali), the two generous ones (Hasan and Hussain) along with their enemies – by which they mean the three Khulafaa’, Mu’aawiyah, Yazeed, Haaroon, Ibn Ziyaad and their likes – and other Imaams and their people who were killed will all be brought back to life after the Mahdi appears and they (i.e. the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam-, Ali, and Hasan and Hussain) will punish everyone that oppressed their Imaams and they will take revenge from them, before the arrival of the Dajjaal, then they will die awaiting resurrection on the Day of Judgement.’ May Allaah fight the Rawafidhah.
9. From the foundations of their beliefs is their claim against the Companions that they distorted the Qur’aan. Allaah forbid that the Companions of the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- – may Allaah be pleased with them all- distorted even one word from the Book of Allaah. Rather, those who distorted it are actually the Rawafidh. How many times have they distorted the wordings of the Qur’aan and its meanings? Most of their distortion concerns the Ayaat of the promises of Allaah and His warnings and Ayaat regarding the Kuffaar and Munaafiqoon , which they apply to the Companions of the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- whereas it is the Rawafidh who rightfully deserve that these Ayaat are applied to them.
10. From the greatest of their fundamentals is Tuqeeyyah (lying to cover up their falsehood). They regard it to be nine tenths of their Deen and that whoever does not have Tuqeeyah has no Deen. They ascribe this saying to Abu Jafar that he said: ‘Allaah -Azza wa Jall– insisted for us and you to have Tuqeeyah.’ They also say that he said: ‘Tuqeeyah is from my religion and the religion of my fathers and whoever does not have Tuqeeyah has no Eemaan.’
[See al-Kafi by Kulaani 2/217-218]
11. From their religion is to build structures over graves, especially the graves of their Imaams, and to perform Tawaaf around them and to seek aid from the inmates of the graves. They give huge amounts of money to them and take oaths and sacrifices at the doors to these structures. These are from the greatest types of Shirk.
12. From the important matters of their Deen is temporary marriage – which the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- only made a concession for when there was a need and it was a necessity. However, this was later abrogated by Allaah on the tongue of the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam. From the narrators of the prohibition of temporary marriage was Ali – Radi Allaahu anhu- himself. The Shia made temporary marriage permissible and narrated so-called ‘narrations’ showing its virtue something which both the Sharia’ and the intellect reject. For example, their saying: ‘Whoever gratifies his pleasure with a believing woman then it is as though he visited the Ka’bah 70 times.’
They say: ‘Trustworthy narrators narrated from as-Saddiq – alayhis salaam – saying, ‘Indeed temporary marriage is from my Deen and the Deen of my fathers. Whoever acts upon it then he has raised our Deen, whoever rejects it then he has rejected our Deen and has believed in other than our Deen.’
Temporary marriage in this form, according to them, is from their greatest fundamentals such that if one were to leave it, it would be regarded as Kufr (disbelief).
There are some narrations from them regarding this, from them is this:
‘Whoever performs temporary marriage once, then his rank will be like the rank of al-Hussain – alayhis-salaam . Whoever performs temporary marriage twice, then his rank will be like the rank of al-Hasan – alayhis-salaam . Whoever performs temporary marriage three times, then his rank will be like the rank of Ali -Radi Allaahu anhu. Whoever performs temporary marriage four times, then his rank is the like of my status.’
This statement of theirs ‘alayhis-salaam’ is from their expressions while, in reality, what should be said regarding the one who is a Companion is ‘- Radi Allaahu anhu- ’ or ‘Rahimahullaah’ for a Taabi’ee (the follower of the Companions) and those after them.
This is a brief insight into the Deen of the Rawafidh although their deviancy and disbelief fills up volumes of books.
Rabee bin Haadee Umair al-Madkhalee
21/Jumada al-Akhiraa/1432 A.H.
Taken from www.miraath.net