The Feast of the Black Nazarene is a religious event that occurs in the Philippines, which usually draws in millions of devotees estimates state.
We call on all those who engage in like events, practices and traditions around the world in the various lands to seriously reflect on the following passage of the Qur’an:
69. And recite to them the story of Ibrâhim (Abraham).
70. When he said to his father and his people: “What do you worship?”
71. They said: “We worship idols, and to them we are ever devoted.”
72. He said: “Do they hear you, when you call on (them)?
73. “Or do they benefit you or do they harm (you)?”
74. They said: “(Nay), but we found our fathers doing so.”
75. He said: “Do you observe that which you have been worshipping,—
76.”You and your ancient fathers?
77. “Verily! they are enemies to me, save the Lord of the ‘Alamîn (mankind, jinn and all that exists);
78. “Who has created me, and it is He Who guides me;
79. “And it is He Who feeds me and gives me to drink
80. “And when I am ill, it is He who cures me;
81. “And Who will cause me to die, and then will bring me to life (again);
82. “And Who, I hope will forgive me my faults on the Day of Recompense, (the Day of Resurrection),”
83. My Lord! Bestow Hukm (religious knowledge, right judgement of the affairs and Prophethood) on me, and join me with the righteous,
84. And grant me an honourable mention in later generations.
85. And make me one of the inheritors of the Paradise of Delight.
86. And forgive my father, verily he is of the erring.
87. And disgrace me not on the Day when (all the creatures) will be resurrected;
88. The Day whereon neither wealth nor sons will avail,
89. Except him who brings to Allâh a clean heart [clean from Shirk (polytheism) and Nifâq (hypocrisy)].
90. And Paradise will be brought near to the Muttaqûn (pious and righteous persons – see V.2:2).
91. And the (Hell) Fire will be placed in full view of the erring.
92. And it will be said to them: “Where are those (the false gods whom you used to set up as rivals with Allâh) that you used to worship.
93. “Instead of Allâh? Can they help you or (even) help themselves?“
94. Then they will be thrown on their faces into the (Fire), They and the Ghâwûn (devils, and those who were in error).
95. And the whole hosts of Iblîs (Satan) together.
96. They will say while contending therein,
97. By Allâh, we were truly in a manifest error,
98. When we held you (false gods) as equals (in worship) with the Lord of the ‘Alamîn (mankind, jinn and all that exists);
99. And none has brought us into error except the Mujrimûn [Iblîs (Satan) and those of human beings who commit crimes, murderers, polytheists, oppressors],
100. Now we have no intercessors,
101. Nor a close friend (to help us).
102. (Alas!) If we only had a chance to return (to the world), we shall truly be among the believers!
103. Verily! In this is indeed a sign, yet most of them are not believers.
104. And verily, your Lord! He is truly the All-Mighty, the Most Merciful.
Surah Al-Shu’ara (26):69-104
Translation of the Quran by Muhammad Muhsin Khan and Muhammad Taqi-ud-Din al-Hilali.
As-salaamu alayka wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.
Jazak’Allah khair for all the good you do.
I think number 98 should be a small w in ‘When we’ rather than When We.
Wa alaikum salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.
Yes, very well spotted, Jazak’Allah khair. It was also like that (incorrect) from the source we copied from. This has now been corrected.