Listen to the lesson or download here:
Response to a Question on the Attributes – Lesson 1.mp3
Some of the matters or points covered:
- Introductory words about the treatise.
- A look at the history of sects that appeared.
- Mention of some ayaat (verses in the Qur’an) in relation to Allah either freeing Himself from false, incorrect, ascriptions, or affirmation of His lofty attributes, and the need to accept and believe the khabar (reports) of the Prophets and Messengers regarding the Names and Attributes.
- Schisms and separations was the way of previous nations, with some texts provided.
- The dire need to acquire sound knowledge and principles.
- Brief summary of the first four sects to appear; 1) Khawarij 2) Raafidah 3) Qadariyyah and 4) Murji’ah, and the topics they went astray in.
- In the second century, some people delved into the Names and Attributes – disputing and philosophizing. These kalaam groups are mentioned with a brief description of them.
The following 2 page PDF contains the visual diagram above along with brief descriptions of the sects mentioned: