Some of the matters or points covered:
- The statement of Yahyā bin ‘Ammār regarding the Mu’tazilites and Ash’arites.
- Quote from the book regarding the Mu’atillah, the people who denied what Allah named Himself with and described Himself with (attributes), doing so either fully (like Jahmiyyah) or partially (like Mu’tazilah, Ash’ariyyah and Māturīdiyyah).
- A more detailed look at the Ash’arīs and Māturīdis – the 7/8 attributes they affirm, upon what basis and how they affirm these attributes (the basic process, step-by-step sequence).
- The three stages in the life of Abul-Hasan Al-Ash’arī.
- Response to the Ash’arīs and Māturīdis regarding their position of returning back to the aql (intellect) and making it the foundation or criterion for affirming or negating the attributes of Allāh.
Listen to the lesson/download here: