Some of the matters or points covered:
- A word regarding all the previous lessons – they should provide a good, solid, clear understanding of position of Salaf of Ahlus-Sunnah with regards to Names and Attributes of Allāh إن شاء الله in opposition to the opposers from people of Kalām and philosopy and how they speak about Allāh, making mistakes and falling into error, violating the foundational principles mentioned.
- Introduction to second part/topic of the book: Al-Qadr wa Sharr’ (the decree of Allāh and His legislation) and how this is connected to Tawheed (Ruboobiyyah, Names and Attributes of Allāh and Uloohiyyah).
- Allāh gave everything its form, properties e.g. water is pure and purifying.
- Allāh has legislated (according to His wisdom) certain things based on what He has created. Allah created man and woman, marriage which is means through which mankind reproduces, procreates. Ties of kinship, lineage, basis of inheritance and property rights follow on from this.
- Some things He made to be tayyib (good, wholesome) and some things to be khabīth (harmful, evil), decreed this upon wisdoms.
- Among mankind are those who believe there is a Creator but that once the Creator created he abandoned His creation and made no communication or conveyed nothing to His creation so therefore there is no such thing as revealed religion, organised religion as they say. These are called deists. They believe there is a Creator but don’t believe in organized religion, don’t believe in revealed Books i.e. deny legislation. This is a ridiculous assertion.
- Start of the main text wherein Shaykhul-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (رحمه الله) mentions: Chapter regarding al-Qadr and legislation of Allāh.
- Shaykh Uthaimeen’s (رحمه الله) explanation and commentary regarding this including mention of 1) Allāh’s legislated judgement and 2) Allāh’s creational judgement.
- What do we mean by Al-Qadr? It is Allāh determining or decreeing what was and what is to be, both in past eternity and future eternity.
- Principle: having Eemān in Al-Qadr (decree) and al-Sharr’ (legislation) and to single out Allāh in issue of legislation. Can rephrase this principle by saying: “Singling out Allāh (the Exalted) with the creational judgement and the legislative judgement”.
- The four levels to understanding Qadr of Allāh, what He has decreed for His creation.
- The importance of belief in Al-Qadr and how it’s connected to Tawheed ar-Ruboobiyyah because it revolves around issue of Allah controlling and regulating the creation. Allah is the Maker, Creator, Regulator and Legislator.
- Implications of belief in Al-Qadr. What does it lead to and how does it affect the believers?
- Discussion regarding research into suicide rates around the world. See paragraph following the link to the lesson audio below.
Listen to the lesson/download here:
Lesson 36 (Al-Qadr lesson 1).mp3
Please read this article which contains more details (including a 3-page PDF named “A Global Perspective on the Epidemiology of Suicide”) concerning what was mentioned towards the end of the lesson:
Shaykh Ibn ʿUthaymīn: A Happy Life Is Only Through Belief in Al-Qadar and the Resilience of Muslims Compared to Others (Suicide Rates)
Previous lessons available here: https://islamtees.uk/audio/aqeedah/#taqreebtadmuriyyah