Lesson 3 on the explanation of Usool us-Sittah (The Six Principles) is now available. You can listen to or download it here:
Points or topics discussed in the lesson:
- Unity in the religion: this is connected to the first principle, only by singling out Allah alone for worship can hearts be united.
- This second principle is very clear and explicit in the Qur’an and Sunnah, “Hold fast to the Rope of Allah and be not divided among yourselves” [3:103]
- The way of splitting is the path of the Mushrikeen and people of Bid’ah. There’s a connection between Bid’ah and Shirk. Bid’ah is a path that leads to Shirk.
- Those who understand the Qur’an and Sunnah, then they are united as they have correct understanding. Unity upon the truth is the way of the Salafus-Salih.
- Splitting is the way of Ahlul-Bid’ah because they swerve and deviate from the path of Allah, to the left or to the right. “This is my Straight Path, so follow it, and do not follow the other divergent paths.” [6:153]
- Any person who sticks to this Straight Path will be saved, delivered, safe in the Hereafter
- Innovation by its very nature leads to differing and is prohibited.
- Greatest thing in which splitting and differing is prohibited is in ‘Aqeedah.
- Allah rebuked the people of splitting in the most severe of ways: “Those who split up their religion and break up into sects, you have nothing to do with them.”
- In the Furoo (subsidiary branches and not the foundations of the religion) there are issues where differing is permissible such as in issues of Ibadat like the Salah e.g. opening supplication before Fatiha, dhikr after Salah, how you sit in prayer, etc.
- Concerning the ayah: “Hold fast to the Rope of Allah and be not divided among yourselves” [3:103], Shaykh Muhammad Aman al-Jaamee (rahimahullah) mentioned that this is a clear command to not divide in the Religion. Many people cause confusion in this area. They create many groups, political groups like Muslim Brotherhood, Jamaat ut-Tabligh, Hizb ut-Tahrir, etc. They say “we are upon the Religion” but if this was the case why is there so much differing? They claim they are cooperating (ta’awun) in the Religion. They say the presence of many Jamaat is good as they will cooperate with each other, working together. All of these groups and parties clash with this ayah.
The Second Foundation
Allāh commanded with unity in the religion and prohibited from separation therein. Allāh explained this with a sufficient explanation such that the common people can understand it. And He forbade us from being like those before us who split and differed among themselves and were destroyed thereby. He mentioned that He commanded the Muslims to be united in religion, and forbade them from becoming separated therein. The [matter] is further increased in clarity through what has been reported in the Sunnah of amazing affairs pertaining to that. Then the matter became [overturned] such that separation in the foundations and subsidiary branches of the religion was turned into knowledge and understanding of the religion, and [the affair became such that] unity in the religion was not spoken of except by one deemed a heretic or insane.
The text of Usool us-Sittah can be found here: The Six Principles (Arabic and English).pdf
Salaam alkium sir please sir l need ur watapp group so that I can join .
Wa alaikum salaam.
Here’s the details to join the IslamTees Whatsapp group:
Islam Tees WhatsApp notifications – To receive updates please add Islam Tees to your contacts (07947790421) and send a message saying Join.