Listen to the lesson or download here:
Some of the matters or points covered:
- Mention of Sifaat Dhaatiyah and Sifaat Fi’liyah.
- Important Principles regarding Attributes of Allaah:
1) Intellect alone cannot lead to understanding of Allah’s attributes and actions. Point for reflection: Would you be punished if you didn’t know Allaah by using ‘aql, or by using revelation (texts in Qur’an and Sunnah)?
2) When speak about Allaah, not possible to go beyond or exceed the Qur’an and the authentic Sunnah. Names and Attributes are from the affairs of the Ghaib (unseen). Only khabar (report) depended upon, tafseel (detail) can only come from revelation.
3) Names and Attributes can come from Ahad hadith as long as reported by trustworthy, upright ones. Salaf don’t distinguish between Mutawatir and Ahad hadith i.e. both are accepted and relied upon. The rejection of Ahad hadith was innovated by the Mu’tazilah, it is not the way of the Salafus-Salih. Innovated principle: don’t accept Ahad reports in Aqeedah but do so in Fiqh, Mu’amamalat, etc. Mu’tazilah invented this, Hizbut Tahrir believe in the same.
Previous lessons available here: https://islamtees.uk/audio/tawheed/#responseattributes