Some of the matters or points covered:
- Whatever has come from the Qur’an and the authentic Sunnah, we must accept it and this includes the Names and Attributes of Allaah. We take them (the text) upon the dhaahir (apparent) meaning. If didn’t do so then there would be mass confusion and chaos.
- Discussion of fourth important principle: negating kaifiyyah and resemblance for Allaah. Khabar is greatest and highest report, that from Allaah and His Messenger, it must be meaningful and understandable.
- Elaboration on what is meant by kaifiyyah with examples given e.g. we believe in the angels but do we understanding everything about the angels or the reality of the angels? Same with Paradise and Hellfire. Don’t know reality of them but doesn’t make our belief in them any deficient.
- A mention of several texts from the Qur’an negating knowledge of the how with regards to Allaah’s Names and Attributes. Whole of the Qur’an is to be reflected upon and this would include the Names and Attributes of Allaah. The meanings are known but the realities are unknown.
- Statements from the Sahaba, Ibn Masood (رضي الله عنه) on meaning of as-Samad and Ibn Abbas (رضي الله عنه) on meaning of verse in Surah Az-Zukhruf (43:55).
- Mention of the well-known statements from Salafus Saalih like Rabi’ah Ibn Abi Abdir-Rahman and Imaam Maalik Ibn Anas (rahimahumullaah) regarding Istiwaa.
- Some statements from the likes of Imaam Ibn Battah and As-Sijzi (rahimahumullaah) containing clarity on issue of creed and belief in Allah’s Names and Attributes.
- Important point: We don’t deny that there is a kaifiyyah, we can’t comprehend the reality of Allaah’s Attributes and Actions, just like for example the soul.
For further points and more details, please listen to the lesson or download here:
Previous lessons available here: https://islamtees.uk/audio/tawheed/#responseattributes