Some of the matters or points covered:
- Principle/Rule 5) We know what Allāh informed about Himself from one angle but not from another – and a discussion about the types of ta’weel.
- We know the ma’na (meaning) but the aspect unknown to us is the kaifiyyah (how it is/nature of it). This defines our knowledge of what Allāh revealed to us.
- Ma’na established by 1) revealed texts and 2) intellect/reason.
- Purpose or reason behind sending of the Qur’ān is to reflect upon it so as to take an admonition from it. If there was no meaning then why are we commanded to reflect upon it?
- Two types of Ayāt: 1) Ayāt Khabariyyah/Ilmiyyah (knowledge/reports) and 2) Ayāt al-Hukmiyyah al-Alamiyyah (rulings and practical matters). Required to believe in the reports and follow and act upon the rulings.
- Proofs from reason refuting the claim that what Allāh describes about Himself (such as Names, Attributes and Actions) in the Qur’ān, we don’t know its meaning.
- Answering the shubhah regarding verse in Surah Āl-e-Imrān [3:7] which contains “…none knows its hidden meanings/true interpretation save Allah…”
- Ta’weel – the two recognized meanings as opposed to the innovated ta’weel (allegories, metaphors).
Listen to the lesson/download here:
Previous lessons available here: https://islamtees.uk/audio/aqeedah/#taqreebtadmuriyyah