Some of the matters or points covered:
- How do we believe in Al-Qadr? Scholars of the Muslims have looked into the Qur’ān and the Sunnah and found that Allāh (عز و جل) decreeing everything in creation has four steps/levels which comprises Al-Qadr.
- The first two are discussed and covered in this lesson; 1) al-‘Ilm and 2) al-Kitābah.
- Regarding al-‘Ilm, four verses from the Qur’ān provided as evidence showing Allāh’s knowledge encompasses every single thing.
- What is the fruit of having this knowledge/belief?
- Regarding al-Kitābah, no detailed knowledge has come in Qur’ān or Sunnah pertaining to al-Lawh al-Mahfoodh (The Preserved Tablet) so we don’t know how it is i.e. its reality.
- What is important to understand though is that every single thing has been recorded.
- Why is the Tablet called Mahfooz?
- There’s another record which is in the hands of the angels wherein things are written and if someone sins and then repents it is erased so things are changed and raised unlike in al-Lawh al-Mahfoodh.
- No one can access al-Lawh al-Mahfoodh and look into it contrary to the claim of those who believe that Sufī shaykhs have access to al-Lawh al-Mahfoodh and can peek into it!
- Did Allāh write decrees of al-Lawh al-Mahfoodh with His own hands?
- What is meant by “keys of the Ghaib” (in Qur’ān 6:59)?
- Was the Pen (Al-Qalam) the first thing created?
- Answers to questions above provided in this lesson are leading up to important question that’s going to be answered as we progress though these lessons which is: Is there a conflict between Al-Qadr and legislation?
Listen to the lesson/download here:
Lesson 37 (Al-Qadr lesson 2).mp3
Previous lessons available here: https://islamtees.uk/audio/aqeedah/#taqreebtadmuriyyah