Some of the matters or points covered:
- Belief in Qadr and Sharī’ah go together, they can’t be separated.
- Sharī’ah always prohibits what is intrinsically harmful and evil or overwhelmingly harmful and evil.
- Legislation is whatever Messengers brought of worshipping Allāh (the Exalted) alone, the very purpose of creation.
- The general meaning of Islām: to submit to Allāh, inwardly and outwardly, by observing His commands (orders and prohibitions). This applies in any time and place where there is a Prophet and he brought a message and a legislation.
- All previous Prophets and Messengers were upon Islām, their religion was Islām – doing what Allāh commanded and keeping away from what He prohibited, upon the foundation of worshipping Him alone. This is the general, universal Islām.
- Evidences from the Qur’ān which explicitly mention the word Islām (to submit) and Muslim to show this was the actual religion of all the Prophets and Messengers.
- Ibrahīm (عَلَيْهِ ٱلسَّلَامُ) was an Arab and spoke a dialect of Arabic, he was a Muslim and didn’t call himself a Jew. There were no Israelites (Banī Isrāʾīl) or religion called “Judaism” in his time so the Yahūd’s claim to Ibrahīm is empty.
- The meaning of the word Yahūd and what it refers to.
- Isrā’īl is a name of Yaʿqūb (عَلَيْهِ ٱلسَّلَامُ) which means slave of Allāh.
- Judah is simply a tribe among the Israelites, it is not “Israel.”
- Judaism is a new religion based upon race, nationalism and land.
- This religion they invented makes the Rabbis to be a manifestation of God on this earth, they have a divine character. This is Shirk (polytheism).
- Nazarene means helper of Jesus (عَلَيْهِ ٱلسَّلَامُ). Ibrahīm (عَلَيْهِ ٱلسَّلَامُ) wasn’t a Christian. Christians worship Jesus and the cross which is idolatry.
- Mention of how some Jews claim they are a manifestation of God on this earth, and that they will be worshipped in the era of their awaited Messiah (Dajjāl) in the same way that the Christians worshipped Jesus (عليه السلام), whom they consider a Jew from among them.
- Islam and the Sharī’ah can take a specific meaning – after the sending of Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم) all prior legislations, laws, books, religions have been abrogated. Islam in its specific sense is unique to the Sharī’ah of Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم).
- Meaning of the word muhaymin.
- In the Qur’an [6:163], Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم) is commanded to say: ‘…and I am the first of the Muslims’. How can this be when all previous Prophets and Messengers were Muslims as well?
- Reply to the question: ‘What about those people who are not able to believe in Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم) because his message didn’t reach them?’.
Listen to the lesson/download here:
Lesson 46 (Al-Qadr lesson 11).mp3
Previous lessons available here: https://islamtees.uk/audio/aqeedah/#taqreebtadmuriyyah