Some of the matters or points covered:
- Ways and means are part and parcel of Al-Qadr, they don’t negate it.
- We believe in the causes and effects. Don’t believe causes don’t have any effects.
- Asharīs deny inherent properties of things which have effects, examples given. The correct position explained.
- Atheists (and materials, naturalists) say everything occurs only through causes and can explain everything without a Creator (God that is). They exaggerate in the inherent properties of things.
- Allāh is Al-Ghaniyy (free of all need). Everything other than Allāh requires something else.
- Things have been endowed with properties so there has to be someone/something who put these in.
- Issue 1: If Allāh has prior knowledge of our actions, how are we then held responsible for our actions, are we forced?
- Allāh has put properties in man such as will, power/ability and desire. Verses in Qur’ān mentioned regarding this. This is how He made insān (man), He put properties in him like with other things.
- Mans attributes like qudrah (power) and īradah (desire/wish) are created so his actions are created.
- The mistakes in belief regarding man and his actions, with some misguided sects mentioned.
- Issue 2: Belief in Al-Qadr, the good and the evil – how can it be said there’s evil in the decree of Allāh (سبحانه و تعالى)?
- Discussion of the four levels of people with respect to the things decreed (for them):
1) Pleased, which is recommended (mustahabb)
2) Patient, which is obligatory (wājib)
3) Angry, which is prohibited (harām)
4) Grateful, the highest rank of a believer.
Listen to the lesson/download here:
Lesson 41 (Al-Qadr lesson 6).mp3
Previous lessons available here: https://islamtees.uk/audio/aqeedah/#taqreebtadmuriyyah